Vegan Fudgy Brownies by Twyla
- 3/4 cup Chili Smith Black Valentine Beans (cooked)
- 3/4 cup + 3 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons organic unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- dash of pink salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- Dairy-free chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life) - use the amount you like.
- For Valentine’s Day - I used a Vegan Raspberry Chocolate Bar. I broke it up into small chunks.
- I sprinkled about 1 Tablespoon of Enjoy Life chocolate chips on top of the brownie mixture before baking.
Preheat an oven to 350°F
Line an 8"x 8" pan with parchment paper.
Add the beans, syrup, applesauce, baking powder, vanilla, and salt to a food processor and blend for a minute.
Scrape the top and sides and then add the cocoa powder and oat flour. Process for a minute or so.
Add the chocolate chips and /or the Raspberry Chocolate Bar. Stir - not process - just stir with a spoon.
Spread the batter into the pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, if desired.
Bake for 22 minutes (ovens may vary.) If you like your brownies more cake-like - cook a little longer.
After cooling, top with non-dairy raspberry yogurt and an organic raspberry, if desired.
|Pick up your Black Valentine Beans here today!|