- 1 pound Chili Smith Christmas Lima Beans
- About 1.3 of a Honey Baked Ham, including bone
- 2 cups of water from ham
- 2 tbs olive oil and 2 tbs butter
- 1 large diced onion
- 3 carrots, cut about 1"
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 5 Baby Bok Choy
- Soak 1 pound Chili Smith Christmas Lima Beans in fresh water overnight, following package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, take about 1/3 of a Honey Baked Ham, including the bone, and simmer for 2 hours, in a large covered pot. Cut excess meat from the bone and set aside. Keep 2 cups of water from ham.
- In another large stock pot, sauté with 2 tbs olive oil and 2 tbs butter, 1diced large onion, 3 carrots, cut about 1" - Until golden brown.
- In the large stock pot, add the plumped beans, the cut up ham (including the bone), the 2 cups of ham water, and 2 cups of chicken broth to the sautéed veg. Simmer covered, for another 45 minutes, until beans are tender.
- Clean and chop 5 baby Bok Choy, and add to the pot. Simmer for 15 minutes covered, then turn the heat off and let sit for 20 minutes. Salt to taste.