- 1 pound of Heirloom Beans cooked weight (About 6-8 oz dried beans)
- Olive Oil
- 1 –Bottle Dark Ale or Beer
- 1 – Sweet Onion
- 1 – Red Onion 2 – Bell Peppers
- 1 – Green Zucchini
- 1 – Crook Neck Zucchini
- 1 – Sweet Potato
- Anything else you like… all chopped into bite-sized pieces.
Beans: In a pot
- Rinse and soak in clear water for 12 hours or so until rehydrated.
- Change water and cover to one inch above beans in clear, cool water and simmer for about an hour until tender.
- Add Salt and ½ onions to water prior to cooking.
Base: In a large skillet
- Heat Olive Oil.
- Sauté Onions and Garlic.
- Add other vegetables.
- Add moisture of Beer – cover and steam for three to five minutes.
- Add Chili Seasoning to taste.
- Add beans to the base.
Best served while fresh and not overcooked.
Drink the rest of the Beer with the meal!