- 3 – 4 garlic cloves (chopped well or I use Garlic cubes from Trader Joes. You can find them in the freezer section. Makes it very easy.)
- 2 Basil cubes (Trader Joes)
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 whole carrots (Halved and chopped)
- 4 celery stalks (chopped)
- Fresh green beans (Can also use frozen)
- 2 medium whole Zucchini (chopped)
- 1 medium yellow squash (chopped)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked Chili Smith Runner Cannellini
- 2 – 3 Quarts Organic Veggie broth (I use Trader Joes)
- 1 bottle of your Favorite Pasta sauce ( I use Arrabiata sauce from Trader Joe’s for an extra kick)
- Pinch of salt
- Olive oil
- A handful of Kale (chopped into bite-size pieces)
- Red wine (At least a cup, if not more..)`
- On medium heat, heat Olive oil in a large pot.
- Add garlic and basil and sauté for about a minute. Add salt.
- Add onion and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and celery, mix and sauté for another minute or two.
- Add entire bottle of pasta sauce and red wine, turn heat up to medium-high and let simmer for about 3 minutes to burn off alcohol.
- Add veggie broth (start with two quarts. If you want more broth, add more)
- Let simmer for about 5 minutes. Return heat to medium.
- Add Runner Cannelini beans and peas. Let simmer about 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini, squash, and kale. Let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Turn heat off and let stand for a ½ hour to an hour.
- You can eat it alone, or with a nice salad. Also tastes great with a slice of gluten-free bread.
*This is one of those dishes that taste the best the next day, or even the day after that when all the spices have had the chance to marinate and get to know each other well. I sincerely hope you enjoy!
*The longer it sits, the more flavorful it becomes. This soup is best on the 2nd and 3rd day!