This recipe comes from the Fruit Guys, with a little Chili Smith Twist
- ½ pound (1/2 bag) of Chili Smith Yellow Indian Woman Heirloom Beans
- 1 tsp of smoked Paprika
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow or white onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, rinsed and finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, rinsed and chopped
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons red or yellow curry powder (optional)
- Salt, Pepper to taste
- Rinse and soak yellow beans in warm water for at least one hour.
- Bring the water and beans to a boil and cook until the beans are tender, but not mushy. They may be al dente.
- Stir beans and check water level from time to time to make sure that the beans do not burn.
- While beans are simmering, heat the olive oil in large heavy skillet.
- Add celery, onion, and carrots cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute until the garlic wilts.
- Add Curry Powder and smoked paprika and fry for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add more oil or water (or red wine) if celery becomes dry.
- Drain the beans, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water. Add the cooked beans to the celery, carrot, onion and garlic mixture.
- Mix together and thin mixture to taste with cooking water, salt, and pepper. Put on lid and simmer on low for at least 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook and continue adding water until beans are tender and the mixture is the desired flavor.