- 12 ounces dried flageolet beans
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-in. slices on a diagonal
- About 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley, divided
Put all ingredients including 2 tbsp. oil but not the sprigs or parsley in a 4- to 6-qt. slow-cooker. Add 5 cups boiling water and stir. Cover and cook until most of liquid is absorbed and beans are very tender, 2 1/4 to 3 hours on high or 4 to 4 1/2 hours on low.
Stir in 3 tbsp. parsley. Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with more oil. Garnish with rosemary and thyme sprigs and remaining 1 tbsp. parsley.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per main-dish serving. Servings Serves 4 (8 or 9 as a side)
I cooked these on high in the crock pot and almost all the liquid was gone at the end of the time. I just added back a lot of water and stirred well. These came out much creamier than the picture and were delicious!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 19
Total Fat 7.9g
Saturated Fat 1.2g
Total Carbohydrate 56g
Dietary Fiber 14g