Cream of Asparagus Soup
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds asparagus, ends trimmed and chopped
- 2 cups Flageolet beans (cooked)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- Juice of one lime or to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste or no salt seasoning
- Use water or broth to sauté onions and garlic and cook until onions are translucent about 7 minutes.
- Add asparagus, beans and vegetable broth. (See other add variations). Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for about 10 minutes, until asparagus is tender.
- Transfer soup to a blender (this may have to be done in batches) and blend until smooth. Or use an immersion blender for desired consistency.
- Return to heat and stir in lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Various toppings: parsley, ground flax/chia seeds, Mary’s crackers, Flaxers, GF croutons, pumpkin seeds, riced cauliflower, non-dairy sour cream
Variations: ADD during the peas/potatoes/rice/broccoli/cauliflower/
Delicious on baked potatoes, served over rice, served in a bread bowl, etc.