- 3 medium/large ripe bananas (About 1 ½ to 2 cups)
- 1 cup Monk fruit (Sugar substitute. I found this at Whole Foods)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Vegan egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal and 2 ½ tablespoons water.Mix well and let stand in the refrigerator for 5 mins before mixing with other ingredients)
- ¾ cup of unsweetened Almond milk
- 3 Tablespoons melted coconut oil (I add this last to wet ingredients)
- 3 ½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups of Almond meal
- 1 1/4 cups of oats (Quick oats are fine. I used gluten-free quick steel cut oats from Costco)
- 3/4 cup flour (I used Organic flour from Costco as well, if you have gluten allergies, you can use a gluten free flour mixture)
- 1/2 cup Chili Smith Lupin Bean Flour
- Spray oil
Pre-heat oven for 350.
Make Vegan egg in a small bowl and let stand in refrigerator. Smash bananas well in large bowl, then add sugar. Mix all wet ingredients together in that same bowl. Mix together all dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add Vegan egg to wet ingredients and mix well. Add all the dry ingredients into the wet, and mix well. Pour into a 4-quart oblong Pyrex oil sprayed, baking dish. (This makes awesome muffins too!) Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour, or until golden brown. Serve warm with an ice-cold glass of Almond milk. Enjoy!
*If making muffins, the cooking time will change. I’d start out with 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
My kids absolutely love this Banana Bread. They would never know it doesn’t have eggs or sugar in it. It tastes moist, sweet and delicious. It’s packed full of fiber and extra protein with Almond meal, Flax seeds, Steel-cut oats and Lupin bean flour. Yummy! It’s a great way to start out the day or for an after-school snack.