Notes on dish… Just finished making this. It looks and smells delicious. Here’s the recipe I made up. Next time I will make it using ALL beans. I used cashews this time because I wanted some beans for the second batch of cookies and some beans to show the consistency of how I cooked them so that I could show everyone how creamy they were for the dip.
- 1/2 cup dried chopped onion (or small chopped onion)
- 3 cloves garlic – chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper – diced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped Jalapeno slices
- 1 tsp Chili Smith Outlaw Seasoning
- approximately 5 cups Power Greens – chopped
- 1 can artichoke hearts – chopped
- 2 cups Chili Smith White Eye Beans (cooked and drained)
- 1 1/2 cup soaked cashews (use all beans if avoiding nuts)
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 T Chili Smith California Balsamic Lemon Vinegar
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup water
- Brad’s Kale Chips (crushed)
- Chili Smith Twyla approved Crackers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sautee onions in water for approximately 2 minutes. Add garlic, roasted red pepper, Jalapeno, and seasoning. Cook for approximately three minutes. Add Power Greens and cook until wilted. Set aside.
- In blender (I used a VitaMix), process until smooth beans, cashews (if using), Nutritional Yeast, vinegar and water.
- Then add sauteed greens mix to blender and process for about 30 seconds or desired consistency.
- Pour mixture into oven safe baking dish. Top with Brad’s Kale Chips and bake for approximately 22 minutes.
- Serve with Chili Smith Twyla Approved Crackers
As most of you know; when I am preparing dishes for a cooking demo, I tend to use LESS spices than I normally would because everyone’s level of spice tolerance is different. It’s much easier to add more Jalapeno, Srirachi Sauce, etc. than it is to take it out. So please, if it’s not spicy enough for you – add more.
Another note: This would be so good on top of a pizza crust!